Adelaide Zombie Walk FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Adelaide Zombie Walk?
- It is a huge gathering of people dressed as zombies walking on mass through the heart of the city raising money and awareness for our chosen charity, Foodbank SA.
Can anyone join in?
- Yes, we don't discriminate. All ages, all races, all sexes, etc. everyone is welcome to join in the fun.
How much does it cost?
- Nothing... it's a FREE ALL AGES event.
Are there any rules to follow?
- Yes please read through our notes under the 'EVENT' menu above, as we do have Rules and Etiquette behaviour guidelines.
Where do we meet?
- Rundle Park, Adelaide
Where do we walk?
- Walk route coming soon
What happens in Rundle Park?
- We party! That's right, we have vendors, face painters, food stalls, DJ Josh, best dressed competitions, raffles and so much more!
Who organizes the event?
- Since 2009 Ann & Jason had run the event on their own. In 2014, the decision was made to incorporate and Adelaide Zombie Walk Inc. was born, overseen by a committee that is still governed by Ann & Jason. We now have a committee of wonderful individuals working tirelessly on the event. No-one involved with Adelaide Zombie Walk Inc. is paid and all facets of Adelaide Zombie Walk Inc. are entirely voluntary. We are a true community event.
Can I bring donations to the park for Foodbank?
- Yes. Foodbank will be in Rundle park to gather food and monetary donations before and after the walk. We also have Wristbands and Sponsorship programs this year, please visit the 'Get involved' page for further information.
We encourage all participants at our FREE community event to donate whatever they can to Foodbank SA on the day and help support those in need within the local community!
Do You have a website?
- Yes we do www.adelaidezombiewalk.com
Does AZW make any money from this event?
- No. Not one cent. All money raised goes directly to Foodbank.
I heard about 'Secret Events', how do I get an invite to join these?
- The best way is to join us on Facebook to follow all things Adelaide Zombie Walk.
How long is the walk and can the disabled take part?
- The walk is approx. 1.7kms long, flat surface and yes, we encourage everyone to take part. The walk route is suitable for wheelchairs etc.
Where is the "After Party" and is it all ages?
- Back in the park we will have the SAVERS After Walk Party until 9pm, located where it all began, it is FREE and ALL AGES!
What time does the walk start?
- Event start @ 3pm, Walk start @ 7pm... SHARP! The event will close @ 9pm.
Can I bring a toy gun?
- Best to leave all "weapons" home. We work very closely with SAPOL and if they see something that they deem unsuitable they will take it from you.
I don't know what to wear and what about fake blood?
- If you don't have old clothes to "trash" visit SAVERS who have great perks for those buying wristbands in store. As for fake blood, you can visit the 'Blood Splatter Tent' and let us coat you in 'blood', if you purchase a Wristband this is FREE.
KEEP YOUR FAKE BLOOD TO & ON YOURSELF!
What about traffic?
- The 2018 event is in Rundle Park with the walk taking place on city streets. The streets will be temporarily closed to local traffic as the walk takes place, but please be alert and aware of traffic at all times, and follow all directions from SA Police and our traffic marshals.
How can I enter the Best Dressed Competition?
- You MUST have a Foodbank Wristband (available for pre-purchase at your nearest SAVERS store or at the event on the day) to enter the Best Dressed Competitions. . Competitions begin at 5pm SHARP!
What time should I arrive at the park?
- 3pm is a great time as we will have food, stalls and entertainment to keep you busy.
Will there be alcohol?
- No. We love the friendly atmosphere we have at our event and feel alcohol would destroy that. So please be considerate, this is a DRUG & ALCOHOL FREE event.
Mum's and Dad's if you're bringing little ones please keep a close eye on them, last year we had an attendance of over 15,000! Not the time to loose a little one. If you require assistance of any kind we will have an Information Tent set up and security to assist in any way you need. This is where you will also find Medical Assistance should you require it.
Thank you to all of you who make this event as awesome as it is. To all the businesses who get involved, thank you. To our wonderful AZW team we never thank you all enough, your help is appreciated and we both thank you all.
Jason & Ann